You can find current and cumulative results for the Garden League here:
The NDAL is hard at work creating methods and practices for reporting. Your comments, questions and impassioned speeches are always welcome.
Join the Garden League!
Everyone is welcome to join the NDAL Garden League.
You will likely be interested in the nitty gritty details for how the league will operate, how teams are formed, and how much it will cost. You can find those details in this document: Garden League Rules and Stipulations.
Week 8 ~ May 31, 2020 ~ Heinz 57
Heinz 57 is a dog’s choice game. The objective is to score exactly 57 points.
- Jumps are worth 1 point
- The weave poles are worth 5 points
- The pipe tunnel is worth 3 points if taken as the first obstacle in a scoring sequence; otherwise the tunnel doubles ALL points previously earned.
Please note that the Start Line is bi-directional.
Obstacles can be taken no more than twice in a scoring sequence. The scoring sequence resets if & when points earned are doubled (by taking the pipe tunnel).
Points can be doubled only twice!
A faulted obstacle earns no points. Faults include:
- Dropped bar (the jump is out-of-play for the remainder of the game)
- Missed weave pole or weave entry (the weaves can be restarted… or the dog can go on to another obstacle)
- An obstacle taken more than twice in a scoring sequence.
- The doubling obstacle taken more than twice.
If more than 57 points are earned then the dog’s points shall be equal to 57 minus the difference between the number scored and 57.
There is no course time limit. Time should be recorded to the 100th of a second.
Heinz 57 is scored Points, Then Time.
Catalog of Garden League Games
New players may go back and pick up courses played from the beginning of the league. New scores will be added to results. YouTube recordings are not required but are encouraged.
- Week 1 ~ April 12, 2020 ~ https://wp.me/p2Pu8l-dv
- Week 2 ~ April 19, 2020 ~ https://wp.me/p2Pu8l-dG
- Week 3 ~ April 26, 2020 ~ https://wp.me/p2Pu8l-dW
- Week 4 ~ May 3, 2020 ~ https://wp.me/p2Pu8l-e1
- Week 5 ~ May 10, 2020 ~ https://wp.me/p2Pu8l-eL
- Week 6 ~ May 17, 2020 ~ https://wp.me/p2Pu8l-eX
- Week 7 ~ May 24, 2020 https://wp.me/p2Pu8l-fe
Questions comments & impassioned speeches to Bud Houston Houston.Bud@gmail.com. Visit our web store: www.dogagility.org/newstore. You’ll find in the web store The Book of Agility Games, a comprehensive reference to all manner of agility games played for competition and fun around the world.