You can find current and cumulative results for the Garden League here:
These games begin the third series of the Garden League. We took a small breather after the second series, just to rest up and get our bearings. But we who stay at home while waiting out the ravages of the COVID19 pandemic continue resolutely playing the game in the back garden.
All previous weeks remain open. New players can add their scores to any competition, and existing players can make up for games they have missed.
Your comments, questions and impassioned speeches are always welcome.
Everyone is welcome to join the NDAL Garden League.
Recording fees are very inexpensive. You can find those details in this document: Garden League Rules and Stipulations.
Week 21 ~ September 8, 2020 ~ Garden Scamper
The Week 21 Garden League game is a Garden Scamper, designed by Dennis Vogel. This is a variation of Scamper, which has been reimagined to work in a small space with a modest selection of equipment.
The simple objective of Garden Scamper is for the dog to each non-tunnel obstacle twice and the pipe tunnel after each.
The dog must begin with any non-tunnel obstacle starting time at the Start line which is bi-directional. The non-tunnel obstacles can be taken in any order until all have been taken twice. Time ends with the dog crossing the Finish line, which is bi-directional. The tunnel is not required after the last non-tunnel obstacle.
5 faults for any of the following:
- Taking two obstacles in a row without doing the Scamper tunnel in between.
- Taking a non-tunnel obstacle more than twice
- Dropped bar
- Starting with the scamper tunnel
10 faults for each obstacle that was not performed twice.
The weave poles shall not be faulted. However, the dog much complete the poles from start to finish to earn credit for the performance.
If a jump bar is dropped on the first attempt, the dog must pass between the uprights to count as a second attempt at that jump.
Garden Scamper is scored Time, Plus Faults.
Week 22 ~ September 15, 2020 ~ Time Warp
The Week 22 Garden League game is Time Warp, designed by Dennis Vogel.
Time Warp is basically a numbered course that provides the dog an opportunity to earn bonuses for working at a distance from the handler.
This course features three time-warp distance challenges that might earn the dog 10 points for each so long as the handler remains on the opposite side of the red gamble line shown on this course AND the dog performs those obstacles without fault. On this course:
- The first challenge is the number 7 jump.
- The second is the 10 weave poles to #12 pipe tunnel.
- The third is jumps 16 and 17.
Time Warp is scored Time plus faults less bonus.
Catalog of Garden League Games
New players may go back and pick up courses played from the beginning of the league. New scores will be added to results. YouTube recordings are not required but are encouraged.
- Week 11 ~ June 22, 2020 https://wp.me/p2Pu8l-fW
- Week 12 ~ June 22, 2020 https://wp.me/p2Pu8l-g4
- Week 13 ~ July 5, 2020 https://wp.me/p2Pu8l-gt
- Week 14 ~ July 12, 2020 https://wp.me/p2Pu8l-gy
- Week 15 ~ July 19, 2020 https://wp.me/p2Pu8l-gD
- Week 16 ~ July 26, 2020 https://wp.me/p2Pu8l-gI
- Week 17 ~ August 2, 2020 https://wp.me/p2Pu8l-h6
- Weeks 18 & 19 ~ Aug 10/17 https://wp.me/pmSZZ-1xE
- Week 20 ~ August 24, 2020 https://wp.me/p2Pu8l-ho
- Week 1 ~ April 12, 2020 ~ https://wp.me/p2Pu8l-dv
- Week 2 ~ April 19, 2020 ~ https://wp.me/p2Pu8l-dG
- Week 3 ~ April 26, 2020 ~ https://wp.me/p2Pu8l-dW
- Week 4~ May 3, 2020 ~ https://wp.me/p2Pu8l-e1
- Week 5~ May 10, 2020 ~ https://wp.me/p2Pu8l-eL
- Week 6 ~ May 17, 2020 ~ https://wp.me/p2Pu8l-eX
- Week 7 ~ May 24, 2020 ~ https://wp.me/p2Pu8l-fe
- Week 8 ~ May 31, 2020 ~ https://wp.me/p2Pu8l-fi
- Week 9 ~ June 7, 2020 ~ https://wp.me/p2Pu8l-fA
- Week 10 ~ June 15, 2020 ~ https://wp.me/p2Pu8l-fT
Questions comments & impassioned speeches to Bud Houston Houston.Bud@gmail.com. Visit our web store: www.dogagility.org/newstore. You’ll find in the web store The Book of Agility Games, a comprehensive reference to all manner of agility games played for competition and fun around the world.